Registration Cost and Payment
We strive to keep the retreat fees as low as possible. If you are able, please consider contributing $25 or more beyond the retreat fee to support the scholarship fund.
1. If you apply by April 18, 2019, the retreat cost is $600 (USD). This fee covers accommodations for 7 nights, 21 meals, and retreat expenses. If you apply after April 18, 2019, the retreat cost is $630 (USD).
2. FOR US RESIDENTS, make your U.S. dollar check out to CASCADIA INSIGHT DIALOGUE COMMUNITY and mail it to Cascadia Retreat, c/o Uli Johnson, 319 Sawyer St. NE, Olympia, WA 98506, USA.
US residents may also choose to use PayPal. Please read the "Instructions for Paying by PayPal" below and note the requested additional payment of $18 (USD) if you make your PayPal payment with a credit or debit card instead of through the direct withdrawal method from your bank account.
3. FOR NON-US RESIDENTS, use PayPal and the following instructions.
Due to the extreme currency discrepancy, Canadian residents who feel the need may deduct up to $125 (USD) from their registration fee.
---------------------------------INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAYING BY PAYPAL--------------------------------
A. Go to www.paypal.com. If you do not have an established account for PayPal to make withdrawals directly from your bank account, you will first need to set this up with PayPal. Please allow yourself 4 or 5 days to complete the set-up process as it requires several steps.
B. IF, instead of the bank account withdrawal method mentioned above, YOU CHOOSE TO USE A CREDIT or DEBIT CARD TO MAKE A PAY PAL PAYMENT, PLEASE ADD $18 to your payment (i.e. for a total of $618 by April 18 or $648 after April 18). This covers the fee that PayPal will charge Metta Programs which is accepting PayPal payments on behalf of Cascadia Retreat.
C. Once your account is established, select the "Personal" Tab at the top.
D. Select "Transfer" Tab and then select “Send Someone Money.”
E. Enter "firstname.lastname@example.org" for the email address of the person to whom you wish to send your payment.
F. Enter the amount of your contribution and choose U.S. Dollars as your currency.
G. Hit “Continue” or “Send.” You will be asked to log in with your password. You will then see the amount of your payment and its intended recipient (email@example.com).
H. Scroll down to the message option, and enter “Payment is for 2019 Annual Cascadia Retreat.”
I. If you pay with a PayPal Balance or Bank Account transfer, there is no transaction fee for us to pay. If you pay with a credit or debit card, there will be a transaction fee for us to pay. Refer to "B" above.
J. Complete your transaction by selecting “Send.”
----------------------------------END OF PAYPAL INSTRUCTIONS--------------------------------
4. Your application is not complete until we receive your payment. The Cascadia Retreat Registrar will inform you via email upon receipt of your online application and payment. (Please know that we are an all-volunteer team, so it may take a few days after your payment has arrived before you receive confirmation.)
5. If you have additional questions or concerns regarding payment or want to know whether your payment has been received, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject heading, specify “financial question.” If you need to pay in installments, please contact us.
6. The teachers and retreat organizers receive no pay for putting on this retreat. We invite participants to practice DANA (generosity) through freewill donations at the end of the retreat to support the teachers and the teachings. To learn more about the tradition of teachings being offered through DANA, please see our website: www.cascadiainsightdialogue.com.
Retreat Application and Deadlines
Please review the following key information.
THURSDAY, APRIL 26: Registration deadline for applicants arriving from a distance who require assistance with bedding, cushions, or transportation. We will need some time to fulfill your requests.
THURSDAY, MAY 6: Registration for all applicants will close at the end of the night.
If you have questions you need answered before completing the online application form, email us at email@example.com.
If you need to correct or change your application form after submission, simply email us your changes, requesting "Change my info" in the subject heading.
Accommodation preference and scholarships will be granted on a first-come-first-served basis.
The date used for this determination will be the date by which we have received BOTH of the following items:
1. your completed online application form, AND
2. either your U.S. check in the mail or your PayPal payment
Requesting and Offering Scholarships
• Scholarships of up to $200 are available upon request to registrants with a financial need on a first-come-first-served basis. Indicate your need for scholarship on the application form and the amount of scholarship you are requesting.
• Enter your payment to the retreat less your scholarship request. Submit this amount and your application form as soon as possible. You will hear back from Cascadia Retreat confirming availability of funds and your request. Our ability to offer scholarships is contingent on the scholarship funds available. Please email us your questions and concerns regarding scholarships. Although we have been able to fulfill all scholarship requests in the past six years, we urge you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
• Our current scholarship funds are sourced mostly from gifts offered by past and current registrants. We hope you might feel moved to contribute $25 or more beyond the retreat fee in support of the scholarship fund. If so, please add that amount to your payment, and know that your generosity will help make these retreats accessible to as many as possible.
• We received a donation of funds earmarked for People-of-Color Scholarships for the Retreat. Practitioners-of-color in need of financial support may use the code SPOC to request a scholarship of up to $400 (instead of $200.)
Registration Confirmation, Cancellation, and Further Information
• We shall email you to confirm your registration when we receive your online registration form and payment.
• A letter of welcome with practical details will be emailed to all registrants about a month before the retreat.
• Cancellations will be reimbursed 95% until April 26, and 50% until May 6.
• We are hopeful that all who apply will be able to receive the scholarship assistance they request. In the event that an applicant is prevented from attending because we're unable to fulfill their scholarship request, a full refund will be offered.
• The Cascadia Retreat Team is an all-volunteer team of Insight Dialogue practitioners residing in various communities in British Columbia, Canada, and the U.S. Northwest. We take joy in practicing the Dhamma in our working relationships and invite you to join us in manifesting future retreats and events that bring the teachings of relational Dhamma to this bio-region. The 2019 Cascadia Retreat is the ninth retreat we have organized. If you would like to assist with this or future Cascadia Retreats, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.